5 Verses on God’s Perfect Love
God’s love is infinite and perfect. His love, unlike ours, is unconditional and is conveyed throughout many verses within the Bible.
1) “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
This verse is the most well-known verse in the Christian world. God’s love was conveyed in giving up His son to die on a cross. Once you become a parent, I think the realization sets in and we can understand better the relationship between father and son. Christ truly embodies such immense sacrifice and unconditional love.
2) “Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” – 1 John 3:18
Love is best conveyed in action, not simply words, as suggested in much of our society. We often throw out words like, “I love you”, or “I love cheese”, “I love coffee”, etc; however, God’s love for us is best conveyed in action. Through this verse, as well as the last, God’s love was best conveyed through the sacrifice of His son. Our love towards others is also best conveyed in action through how we care for others.
3) “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” – Ephesians 3:17-19
God’s love is so perfect. There is power in His love – it is wide, deep and long, and endless. Have you ever stared at the vastness of the Grand Canyon? When I take in the sight, I am often overwhelmed in thinking that He created that masterpiece, and I am reminded of the vastness of His love – it goes on for miles and miles, expanding across the horizon. It is a beautiful thing to think about.
4) “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[b] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”- Romans 8: 35-39
Say it with me, Nothing. Nothing can separate us from God’s love. There is nothing you could say or do that would separate you from God’s love. Nothing. Nada. Nothing at all. God’s love is forgiving, all-encompassing, mighty, strong, powerful, and it is never based on me, you, or any of our actions. His love is not based on whether I am kind, or mean, His love is a part of His own mighty, perfect character.
5) “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” – 1 Chronicles 16:34
In addition to never being separated from His love, it is endless. It endures forever. I think of the movie ‘The Sandlot’… God’s love is “For-eh-ver.” No matter your circumstances, good or bad, know that His love is perfect and His love is for you. You have access to His love, all the time, every single time. Forever. I pray that these verses give you peace if you ever had any doubt about His love for you. Meditate on them daily and remember, dear friend, you are loved!
Jennifer has been a part of CCV for over ten years. She has a Master of Arts in Management from APU and currently works in financial aid for Los Angeles Pacific University. In her free time, she loves reading, drinking coffee, writing Yelp reviews, and travelling. She loves to laugh, has a huge heart for serving others and is obsessed with anything Magnolia related.