Six Verses to Remind You of Your Worth
Let’s face it: no one’s life is perfect. We all have days when we wonder if we are good enough. We fall into comparison traps and doubt our abilities, leading us to question if we are actually worthy of other people’s approval or God’s blessings (and scrolling endlessly through social media feeds doesn’t help).
The truth lies in our humanity—we all fall short. Not a single one of us can live up to the standard of perfection. But because Jesus took our place on the cross, God sees us as flawless, and ultimately worthy of His unfathomable love and grace.
Still not convinced? God knew we would sometimes have trouble grasping the value of our worth as He sees it, so He made sure to include these affirmations in the Bible.
Meditate on these verses and allow yourself to be reminded of just how valuable you are to the One who created you:
- “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. -2 Corinthians 5:17
Remember that you are not your past. God has formed you into a new creation.
- “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray?” – Matthew 18:12
Our God longs for relationship with us. When we are distant from Him, He will stop at nothing to bring us back to Him. We are worth His constant pursuit.
- “God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.” –Genesis 1:31a
God called each of His creations “good,” except for one—He called man “very good,” and you are no exception. Remember that you are His greatest creation. Not the blue whale. Not a butterfly. Not the massive sequoia tree. YOU.
- “I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.” –Joshua 1:5b
We protect things that are worth a lot to us. So does our Father. He promises to never abandon us—His love for us is far too strong.
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” -Jeremiah 29:11
God handpicked each and every one of us. He values us so much that He invites us to be a part of the bigger picture. Yes, He could easily do everything on His own, but our Father loves us so much that He gets us involved, and gives us a purpose. Everything with a purpose has value—and your purpose and value are GREAT.
- “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago,” -Ephesians 2:10
The Northern Lights. Victoria Falls. Mount Everest. The Great Barrier Reef. There is beauty and value in the diversity of God’s creation. And just like these natural wonders of the world, He puts great worth on the diversity of His people—His masterpieces.
Whenever you’re feeling insufficient, remember that you were not created to remain in this world. Your Creator formed you with eternity in mind. Try to see yourself from His perspective, and open yourself up to the opportunities where you can use the specific gifts and abilities that God gave you.
Shannon is a world traveler, cat mom, and pursuer of many passions. She works for an international humanitarian organization and loves serving with CCV Students. She also loves serving abroad, and has been on mission trips to Kenya and Mexico (and is excited to add to that list!).